Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Impeach Harriet Miers!

further to my email correspondence with 'harriet miers', here's my latest email to her:
"Hi Harriet,

Thanks for getting back to me. I think you misread my intentions - I'm simply trying to assist your confirmation process.

There are a number of senators who are concerned that your nomination may be a result of your friendship with the president and that you may not be able to strictly interpret the constitution, if for example, there was a clash between the constitution and executive powers.

Given the manner in which your nomination is proceeding, I think that you need to start thinking more strategically. If you gave a shout-out to the campaign that I mentioned, then you'd kill two birds with one stone. Firstly, you would dispel some concerns from the Republican Senators who are concerned that you are a crony, and secondly, you would increase the number of Democrat Senators who might be inclined to vote for you. The way things are going, you are going to need as many Democrats as possible - you might even have to call on the Dems to vote down a Republican filibuster.

Like I said, it's all about strategery - you've got to start thinking about getting sufficient votes to get confirmed.

Think about it.

best regards.

Lukery"
(yep - harriet isnt really harriet, she's just pretending to be, i was just hoping that she would put up one of our posters on her site. i thought that would be cool.)


No comments: