Thursday, May 18, 2006

leopold larisa and william pitt

* jeralyn:
"Pentagon Sources Confirm Iran Military Strike Plans : Anybody home? This is some scary Iran news from the British paper the Herald... It's time to re-read what Larisa of Raw Story wrote a few days ago. She's been covering Iran for months. Why is our media shying away from this story?
"It's time to re-read Larisa" - we're seeing a lot of that lately...

* willpitt:
"Those who have expressed doubts, and await further confirmation, are totally above reproach. If I didn't know what I know... I'd be doing and saying exactly the same things...

truthout was right on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, yesterday and today. We will still be right tomorrow and Friday, no matter what the goddam unbelievable lapdog mainstream media has to say (or more to the point, doesn't have to say) about it.

I understand your frustrations at the way this has played out; in fact, I call your frustration and raise it a billionfold. There are good reasons for this, and those reasons will be made clear when everything comes out. Those good reasons haven't made the process easier."

* willpitt:
"When the documents come out they will have dates on the top. Those dates will be Friday May 12, 2006. Just as we said."
* josh frank:
"Willy-nilly publications would most likely have yanked the story by now, but William Rivers Pitt and the rest of the Truthout gang, to their credit, believe in their boy. They are willing to take the heat if it ends up being false. But, you don’t publish something you aren’t willing to get behind, especially if it’s as weighty as what Jason wrote about Rove going down. And Jason, like Truthout, isn’t backing down.'

1 comment:

Miguel said...

FWIW, Wayne Madsen claims he has independent sources confirming most of Jason's story, and that the announcement will be on Friday.

Of course, Madsen has put out a lot of B.S. before, so his report is really not worth much, if anything.

BTW, Luke, did I ever tell you I used to work at BellSouth? One of my former colleauges now works at AT&T but used to be pretty highly placed at BellSouth. If I get a chance, I'll ping him to see if he knows anything, though he'd probably have to kill me if he told me. He's an Australian, who BellSouth recruited from its former joint venture, Optus
Communications.