Saturday, September 02, 2006

This is an exceptional blog

* hysterical. Lee Siegel is playing the sock-puppet game. glenn has often been criticized for the same game (i can't believe he'd be that stupid). leopold plays the same game as well. i've tried to follow a few other sock puppets - and it gets mind-numbing. it's probably a clever game for a two year old. but... anyway, here's ezra, atrios. when i was chasing some of the aforementioned sockpuppets that i was trying to track down i coined (in my head) the term 'sock puppetrazzi' - it has a nice ring, no? sockpuppetry is so ridiculous - ezra is too kind to Siegel - although apparently some, including ezra, feel the urge. it would never occur to me - and if it ever did, i'd slap myself around the head immediately - before i took it one step further. In fact, someone once wrote a comment about me at ew's place - and i quickly dashed an email off to ew saying 'hey - i'm not suckpuppeting!'

in any case - speaking of commenters (i'm never sure whether to spell that 'commenters' or 'commentors'):
a) Noise has taken up my offer to guest-blog for the next few days. thnx Noise. Noise always has lots of smart things to say.
b) if anyone else wants to play - just lemme know. I'm officially leaving in about 12 hours time, although i've just learnt that i'll have a laptop with me - so every now and again i might be able to sneak a peak into whatever clever/outrageous things you are saying behind my back.
c) speaking of smart commento/ers - starroute has recently switched from being one of our anons to 'starroute'. starroute speak, you listen. (see here , here and here for recent comments)
d) speaking of really, really smart commente/ors, the other day uranus wrote:
" This is an exceptional blog. How I wish everyone in the country was reading it!"
s/he's obviously BRILLIANT! (Rimone would describe this as me as 'proudtarding') haven't seen uranus around here for a while - good to have him/her back.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am humbled. I admire the way you navigate the news and offer the best of the best. Site administrators and news editors which do this job well are very, very few. Another site I like is Eric Blumrich's Bushflash, and I've called his animations and commentary "the gold standard of the genre." As one of the first to question Bush's folly, Eric recently wondered aloud about his site's relevance, with so many good ones now carrying the banner.

I'm quick to point out that what makes news organizations like his and yours good is the choices you make, and your ability to sift the correct reasoning at a time when we're deluged with lies, distortions, illogical arguments and tens of thousands of miles of column copy which says nothing more than Ned Lamont isn't Joe Lieberman. I don't read as much as I've been reading the last few years because I get it: Bush & Pals are fascocommunists. I wasn't willing to believe that before, but I damn sure believe it now. So, I haven't been hitting any of the sites like I was. Someone linked to this site and I bookmarked it right away. It continues to be really great, and a precious gift to me.

I live in Edmond, OK, the town God forgot. Probably 90% republican, good Christian Edmondites want the world to know it as the hometown of Olympic gymnist Shannon Miller, but it's really known as the scene of history's bloodiest post office massacre, perpetrated by my mail carrier, "Crazy" Pat Sheryl, in 1986, coining the phrase "going postal." Disgusted with the workplace, I retired 4 years ago and at 52 live in a small trailer in a large trailer park. Being really poor and living modestly, with a very big mouth, is a little slice of heaven. Thanks for all your good, hard work, and for giving me my one and only 15 minutes of fame. I've been passing the link to this site to my more politically aware friends around the country and ask them to join the party.

Anonymous said...

Uranus, with Luke having skipped out on a vacation, fer gawdssake, I might as well jump in here and ask on his behalf: Since you have now outted your location, would you be interested in jumping onto our map?

It's where all the truly in folks hang out, as I'm sure you've noticed . . . heh

Anonymous said...

Uranus, please do what LeeB asks! we want you on our map. :-)

Uranus: what makes news organizations like his and yours good is the choices you make, and your ability to sift the correct reasoning at a time when we're deluged with lies, distortions, illogical arguments and tens of thousands of miles of column copy...

y'all forgot the part about the wear and tear on the brain, the stress, depression and anxiety, but that's cool.

Being really poor and living modestly, with a very big mouth, is a little slice of heaven.

LOL, you nailed it. :-)

Anonymous said...

As you can see, I'm very behind on reading. Sure, put me on the map! Is there any heavy lifting on my part needed? Heh, in March I took delivery of this really great water distiller. Something isn't right with the water treatment here--frequently when I turn it on in the morning it smells like sewage. There are 64 different benzene-based process chemicals in the water as well. It still isn't hooked up. How stupid is this? The damn thing was expensive and I don't know if it works. I replaced the plumbing and installed a hook-up for it. I'm going to surprise everybody and do it. I've been living on soda pop and it's making me fat.

Anonymous said...

Yay, Uranus!

As you can see, it has taken me a little while to work my way down to this thread. I've already got your town . . . stay tooned . . . you'll be up there in no time.

Anonymous said...

Uranus, honey, please come over here and hook me up to a water-softening device. the water here--which i totally hate--frequently stinks, not exactly of sewage but of old lime which is almost as bad.

that's about the only complaint i have about living here. apart from the food; at xmastime, people back home asked me what i wanted that i couldn't get here. i went 'flavor.' they thought i was joking.