Sunday, October 15, 2006

Kickin' back with Lukery. Favorite City Edition

athenae:
Dear New Yorkers,

I get it now.

Love,

A.

So I'd never been to New York...
[]
I had the same awakening about it that I had about San Francisco when I first saw it: Okay, I get why you'd do what you had to to do stay here because Jesus god, it's amazing.
[]
I heart NY.

I heart NY. I heart San Francisco. I heart London. I heart Melbourne.

I've been lucky enough to spend a reasonable amount of time in all of them. My longest stint in NYC was 3-4 months. SF something like 6 months. London for a couple of years. Melbourne - lots.

I also spent 4 months in LA on an exchange program in a Masters degree (USC), living in WeHo. I didn't like it a whole lot. And I spent 4 months in DC and didn't think much of it.

What are your fave cities?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HATE NYC, born and grew up there et al. and used to love it but after giuliani totally ruined it (which koch began and dinkins tried to fix and failed and then was unfairly demonised) i fucking HATE IT--tourist yuppie city. she can have it.

on the other hand, i looooove SF, Eugene Oregon, Bonn and Cologne in DE, Maastricht in NL and Edinburgh, Bristol and London in the UK.

ps, i love Scotland, like OldSchool, i feel totally at home there.

lukery said...

old school - i didnt really like LA - i thought they hate the worst night scene ever. from memory, everything was closed by like one or two oclock. egads!

i havent spent much time in scotland - but if you and rimone like it...

Anonymous said...

was never in LA, never cared to go although so many used to tell me i'd love it cause there were so many freaks. oh well...still don't wanna go there.

on the other hand i loooooove London. constantly seeing shit i've only seen before in books and old films drives me nuts (in a good way), lol

lukery said...

oops!

"i thought they HAD the worst night scene ever"