Friday, October 22, 2004

(something clever about baseball)

* AP "U.S. 'closer than ever' to al-Zarqawi" phew. http://pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/trib/newssummary/s_264169.html


* heres george! "Tenet called the war on Iraq "wrong," according to Clark's article on Thursday, although it was unclear whether he meant the war itself or mainly the intelligence it was based on."
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000682236

* "Despite the risks, United States combatants in Iraq are largely supportive of Mr. Bush, if interviews with about 40 soldiers stationed in Baghdad and in several provincial towns to the north are anything near representative." im not really sure which is worse 'official' polls, or this sort of 'unofficial'/'unscientific' slime we see. it can only be considered propaganda and should be banned. (and just identifying the 'poll' as unscientific doesnt ameliorate the damage. or the guilt. ) although the last para ought to be framed "Private Daniels stared out the window for a few moments. "I also read that they're talking about shortening the tours from a year to six months,'' he said. "Man, that'd be sweet. Six months you can do easy, but a year is a long time. Who was saying that, Bush or Kerry? I forget.''"
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/21/politics/campaign/21soldiers.html

* i wish theyd stop talking about abug 'abuse' - its fucking 'torture'

* its amazing that anyone antijihadmin is regularly called from the 'left' - did this language even exist before? just now i read that hillary is from the left? was this sort of thing ever said before 2000?

* tom 'nopolitics' ridge is campaigning too. nice. does anyone have a job to do? or a law to keep unbroken?

* where the hell is evilnegraponte?

* jonk interviewed in rolling stone "Now, can any president guarantee the absence of any attack? The answer is no. I mean, if someone wants to blow themselves up, they can pretty much find a way to do it and hurt somebody." the badmin will be all over this one! LOOK WOT HE SED!!!! LOOK WOT HE SED!!!! HE CANT PROTECT YOU!http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/6562106?pageid=rs.NewsArchive&pageregion=mainRegion&rnd=1098291710716&has-player=true

* same source - jonk "I've spent thirty-five years dealing with these kinds of issues. When I came back from fighting in a war, I fought against the war here in America. As a senator, I led the fight to stop Ronald Reagan's illegal war in Central America. I helped expose Oliver North and Manuel Noriega. I've been at this for a long time. You know, I led the initial efforts to change our policy on the Philippines -- which ultimately resulted in the elections, and became part of the process that helped get rid of Marcos.
I negotiated personally with the prime minister of Cambodia, to get accountability for the killing fields of the Pol Pot regime. I've negotiated with the Vietnamese to let me and John McCain in and put American forces on the ground to resolve the POW-MIA issue. I've spent twenty years on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee; I've been chairman of the Narcotics Terrorism Subcommittee. I have five times the experience George Bush does in dealing with these issues, and I know that I can get this done." - which kinda looks like a pretty good foreign policy record. its a shame no-one knows. (and still no mention of bcci) - actually go read the article. he sounds like he shld be president. (except 4 this exchange!: Do you have a favorite Beatles song -- or Stones song? I love "Satisfaction" and "Jumpin' Jack Flash" and "Brown Sugar." I love "Imagine" and "Yesterday.")

* does anyone think for a minute that 43's policies are responsible for the absence of a post911 atack? ha!

*bunnyblogging: good news, no losses in the new bunch. more goodnews, they are abuot the size of the sole survivor of the previous bunch. which demonstrates conclusively that the original bunch were way undernourished given that their mum died. which completely exonerates me from the bunnicide charges. so there.

* speaking of bunnicide - i wonder if theres a reasonable joke in the realm of 'undecidedicide' - but i cant decide. and its killing me.

________________________________________________________________________________
Four Score More Beers. Four Score More Beers.
wotisitgood4.blogspot.com

No comments: