* despair, despair. for many more years. grrr.
* there was hardly any mention of the counter-inaug protests - fox
and cnni talked about 'hundreds' of protestors. demnow spoke of
'10,000'. fox showed the footage of the riotcrew hosing down
protestors with pepper spray (and luaghed about it). mediamatters
inventoried repug guests vs dem guests on the teeve
* peggy noonan takes a shot at the coronation. can u believe
it??? title: "Way Too Much God - Was the president's speech a case
of "mission inebriation"?
* michaelpowell is gone - usually resignations from the jihadmin
ought be good news - but the scary question as always is 'will the
successor be worse?'
* wow! jonathon aiken hosting cnni's InternationalCorrespondent
(paraphrase) 'the inaug fireworks put a big W in the sky - should
the media *always* add 'MD' to the end of that - reminding people
of the WMD failures?' (and that was his introduction to the
segment) - wow - i wonder if that was on cnnamerica
* nyt obviously felt compelled to report on the boxer/rice nom thing.
apparently the key issue is that boxer has the loudest voice, she hasnt lost her voice, she is full-throated, is outspoken, and has an aggressive posture. further down we learn that the CA repugs 'have been unable to defeat her despite her liberal voting record and her prominent role as a legislative leader on protecting abortion rights'. In para 9, we learn that the nomination is to be debated on the senate floor.
* ramseyclarke called for 43 and cheney to be impeached. again.
* i loved this quote from the coronation speech “As hope kindles hope, millions more will find it. By our efforts, we have lit a fire as well as a fire in the minds of men. It warms those who feel its power; it burns those who fight its progress. And one day this untamed fire of freedom will reach the darkest corners of our world.” - especially after he earlier set up the 'on the seventh day, the fire came' malarky.
* moonietimes thinks hersh is guilty of espionage. http://washingtontimes.com/op-ed/20050118-093611-9660r.htm
* btw - i wanna send a special shout-out to michael gerson and le pres. to gerson, it was a brilliant speech - im sure it captured exactly what you were trying to capture. its a shame that the liberty/freedom wordcount was so high, but i understand that u have to compromise when the sniggeringmurderer came back with his 'improvements'. and to the sniggeringmurderer, well read. (i dont mean that you are 'well read' - i just mean that u did a good job in reading it.
* my blogging is a bit slow at the mo - ive been mostly trying to make sense of the latest exitpoll report (and i went boating!). some of my comments here (http://www.mysterypollster.com/main/2005/01/the_reluctant_b.htm) - didja know that a plurality (30%) of precincts actually 'overstated' jonks vote by more than 15 points? fancy that. 15 points! he only lost by 3 or whatever.
war makes me mad, sad, bad. tsunamis makes me sad.