Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Sibel: "a very intelligent and rational person."

* from a 'Conservative' blog:
" Hey, I finally heard your girl Sibel Edmonds on the Jerry Doyle show. She's pretty good. I thought she was going to be the usual conspiracy theory garbage, but she's not. I like how she's whistle blowing this stuff, and not saying she knows for sure the outcome, but knows something is definitely wrong!"
and
"Hey, guys! I heard it last week, she called in and did about an hour. I was running around while listening, so I didn't get to hear very in-depth, but it was a good interview that basically pointed out the difference between the "conspiracy" nuts, and her questioning things in general. She made a point to state that she doesn't really have the answers to a lot of the questions for the obvious cover up on certain areas, but it is obviously a cover up in areas. She talked about the inability to have access to information....that I didn't get the details on. Jerry was very respectful to her, and she came off as sounding like a very intelligent and rational person.

I hope he has her on again."

and

"Palo and I are hopeful that Sibel's case will go forward and she will be able to pull in bipartisan support. Her translations revealed corruption of members of both Democrats and Republican parties- I think we can all agree that Congressmen taking bribes, regardless of their political affiliation, should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law."

i didnt hear it, unfortunately. Does anyone have a copy?

imagine if we could get an army of conservatives talking up the story.

(thnx M)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm... Maybe J. Michael Straczynski, creator of Babylon 5 who's NO fan of George Bush, finally talked Jerry Doyle (who played Garibaldi on that show) that Bush really is President Clarke that should be looked at, and Negroponte could easily be well fit to be in charge of Operation NightWatch on that show.

It's interesting that Rove told Bruce Boxleitner (who played Captain Sheridan on that show) that Babylon 5 was both his and Bush's favorite Scifi show! I wonder if it wasn't so much for the message as it was the recipe for their hijacking of our government now. JMS groans about it here on Usenet back in 2002.

Anonymous said...

Go to this link instead of the one in the previous post, which goes to the top of the thread. The exact quote of reads as follows... The last paragraph is choice! I wonder how many times JMS has had to lie down since then! :)

So I was talking to Doug Netter this afternoon, who had in turn spoken with Bruce Boxleitner earlier in the day about the year 2 DVD. In the course of that conversation, Bruce mentioned something that Doug in turn mentioned to me.

To wit:

Bruce had been at the White House about a month ago, in the company of wife Melissa Gilbert, president of the Screen Actors Guild, for a discussion with some of the functionaries there concerning acting roles moving north of the Canadian border.

As they're talking, in a long conference room, in the middle of the meeting the door oens and Karl Rove -- main strategist for the Republican Party and power behind the White House throne -- comes in. He says (paraphrased from memory) to Melissa, "I hope you'll forgive me, but I actually here to see Bruce."

He then tells Bruce, "I just wanted to tell you that I'm a big science fiction fan, and that Babylon 5 is the best science fiction television series *ever*."

Then there's a pause, and he adds....

"And the President thinks so too."

Upon hearing this, I went to lie down for a spell, but I fully expect to be back on my feet by Spring, latest.

jms

lukery said...

lol. that's probably where they get the concept of reality-creation from.