Thursday, October 12, 2006

Your President Speaks!

holden :

Your President Speaks!
Posted by Holden_C on Wednesday, October 11 @ 14:33:44 CDT
Politics From today's presser.

Progress in Iraq

Earlier this week, Deputy President Tariq al-Hashimi lost his brother, Major General Hashimi, when gunmen dressed in police uniforms broke into his house and shot him in the head.

You're Not JimmyJeff, You're Mark

Terry. I mean -- you're not Terry. You're Steve.

Regarding Focus on the Family

There are extreme elements that use religion to achieve objectives.

Sounds Like He Appreciates Jimmy Beam More Than Jimmy Baker

And I appreciate Jimmy Baker willingness to -- he and Lee Hamilton are putting this -- have got a group they put together that I think was Congressman Wolf's suggestion -- or passing the law.

The Stakes Aren't The Only Things That Are High

And I look forward to listening how -- what Jimmy Baker and Lee Hamilton say about how to get the job -- I appreciate them working on this issue because I think they understand what I know, and the stakes are high.

Strategerizationing

It is very important for us to solve these problems diplomatically. And I thank the leaders of -- listen, when I call them on the phone, we're strategizing.

I Use Their Words -- Not!

THE PRESIDENT: I would cite my opponent in the 2004 campaign when he said there needs to be a date certain from which to withdraw from Iraq. I characterize that as cut and run because I believe it is cut and run. In other words, I've been using either their votes or their words to characterize their positions.

Q But they don't say cut and run.

THE PRESIDENT: Well, they may not use cut and run, but they say date certain is when to get out, before the job is done

I'm Tellin'!

Let me finish please for a second. Plus, I couldn't hear you, but I saw you talking.

Stay The Course = Change

And I think the characterization of "let's stay the course" is about a quarter right. Stay the course means keep doing what you're doing. My attitude is, don't do what you're doing if it's not working; change.

All About Physics

And by the way, when you engage the enemy, it causes there to be more action and more kinetic action.

I Want To Play Poker With This Man

One has a stronger hand when there's more people playing your same cards.

He's Got The Know How That

And I know how -- I know that -- how best to protect the country is a big issue, a really big issue. And there's a kind of law enforcement mentality that says, well, we'll respond after attack.

Redifining His Job Again

I understand that some are saying, well, he's just trying to scare us. My job is to look at the intelligence and to -- and I'm going to tell you there's an enemy out there that would like to do harm again to the United States, because we're in a war. And they have objectives.

Does "People" Include Mark Foley?

And, therefore, it takes a while to get people on the same page, and it takes a while for people to get used to consequences.

Got Me A Look-Back

You know, there's just a lot of look-backs. Presidents don't get to look back, but I will tell you, the decision to remove Saddam was the right decision. And I would look forward to the debate where people debate whether or not Saddam should still be in power.

No comments: