Thursday, October 19, 2006

IT'S TIME TO IMPEACH THE PRESIDENT

* TREX:
"We should also bear in mind that a lot of these Gay Republicans are among their party's most effective operators at opposition research and the kind of dirty dealings that have helped the GOP retain their choke-hold on the government since 1994. Do James Dobson, Tony Perkins, Fred Phelps, and Donald Wildmon really want these people targeting them for elimination? When Matt Drudge is posting GOP talking points before Ken Mehlman has even thought them up, and when so much of the Reich Wing Stink Machine seems to be staffed and controlled by the "Velvet Mafia", would you want to be a fundamentalist preacher with skeletons in your closet?

I have to say, though, the resulting carnage could end up being absolutely delightful. Every body that falls in this field of combat is an advantage to our side. Ultimately, we want the Republican party so broken and fragmented that Grover Norquist could drown it in the bathtub.

And it certainly should make for some interesting political theatrics between now and the election. Pass the popcorn, y'all! I wouldn't miss this showdown for the world!"
* Bill Glass (NC-09) : IT'S TIME TO IMPEACH THE PRESIDENT
sign the petition, donate for TV spots here.

* athenae:
"What shocks even me about this blog sometimes is the intelligence of our commenters. It pisses me off, because I like to be the smartest and wittiest one in the room, but man, you guys knock me on my ass every single day."
me too.

* if you enjoyed yesterday's post about Charlie Black, Starroute and I have a few new bits in the comments

* kathleen has always been, and continues to be, worried about the lamont campaign. and she's watching it on the ground. here's her latest summary - it's much the same as she's been telling me in private for months.

No comments: